Those little cups of poison you offer
Every time I talk about a dream
I raise a toast to life
And take it down in a gulp.
The bitter-sweet potion
Is nothing but love
You call it a medicine,
And yes, it helps...
Though it does not kill the dream
That you call perversion
It sets on fire
The veil of calmness that I wore
For you...
The pungent aftertaste
Seeps into my soul…
As the pain intoxicates,
I throw away the goblet
Your world melts into a drop,
My world in flames glows scarlet.
Your world melts into a drop,
My world in flames glows scarlet.
And yet the bridges are not burnt
I will return for another cup some day...
When the days and nights meet not to part
An eternal twilight descends
When the roaring tempests die
And our disagreements
Become insignificant...
When my dreams,
Drunk on your poison
Take that enchanting flight
You watch from a distance
In a quiet meditation,
On your lips, a playful smile…
When the venom in my veins
Turns back to blood
And anger is consumed by forgiveness
I will come back to you
For another cup
For it's the poison that keeps me living...
~Saba
No comments:
Post a Comment