In a stagnant night,
amidst a storm,
I fell in love with me...
Oceans,
That formed land
And made way for mountains;
Felt all swelling in my chest.
A tide
Without moon
Empty skies
A night so dark
The world ceased to exist
To the eyes.
It was just me
And a mirror...
My own reflection
Tricking me
Like Narcissus by the pool.
And yet,
It was not me
I was not what my eyes see.
The skin in shade of sun kissed earth,
Black, of the sky
Just before the dawn in my hair,
A face that held innocence;
And eyes
That betrayed it.
Nor was I the mind
That fancied decorating words
Like lace
At the hem of my handkerchief...
I knew, I had hearts tied
In the knots of my braid
Admirers of the expressed and unexpressed...
Of beauty of the clay,
Or it's master.
And yet
Neither the flesh I could touch
Nor the intangible mind
Was me...
The skin would wrinkle and perish,
And the mind would lose all memories cherished;
The words I colour this paper with,
The acts that leave eternal imprints...
All would return to the elements.
There is a soul somewhere;
I cannot see or feel
Is that really me?
A stranger, in MY body...
A timid whisper
Broke my trance
I saw a finger
Trace my lips
For words were buried
Somewhere beneath
For words had lost
Relevance, and meanings.
A pair of eyes
Darker than the hour
Invited me
To join the eternal search
"Seek no answers
For the quest
Is the purpose".
Was it the mind or the body
That was misled
For desires
Had set all on fire
And On a sizzling bed,
Made out of ash
Of my newly burnt identity;
I made love to myself...
~Saba

No comments:
Post a Comment