Stuck between the romance
Of running away from the city
And being comfortable
In its chaos.
Of running away from the city
And being comfortable
In its chaos.
Everyday
I walk up to a forest
That gives an illusion of being free...
Just to walk back to the comfort
Of busy, crowded streets...
I walk up to a forest
That gives an illusion of being free...
Just to walk back to the comfort
Of busy, crowded streets...
Loneliness in the city is easy
The crowd never cares
Here darkness makes love
To a thousand moons
And my emptiness is lost
Amid drowning sounds
But I still look for solace
Chasing the woods
That glitter like emeralds in sun
And silver threads weave the night
Where silence holds me
In a loving embrace
But the darkness laughs
At my hollowness.
My demons have no distraction here
No souls to feed upon
My joys and sorrows are both illusions
Solitude, is a fickle minded mate
I return to my city
With my forest in my dreams
I curse it every day.
I love it every day.
~Saba

No comments:
Post a Comment